Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Blog!! (Generic title, I know...)

Hi, my name is Kate Bennett and I’m thrilled to bring you my first novel, Inevitable.  I began writing this page in “third person” and then I realized that this is my page and I should tell you who I am in my own words and not through some robotic voice.  So who am I?

I am twenty eight years old and I hail from a somewhat small town in Pennsylvania.  I obviously enjoy writing and can’t believe that I can officially call myself a published author!  Reading has been one of my favorite escapes for as long as I can remember, though, I must admit, writing wasn’t always my goal in life. 

I always liked to write, but I lacked an essential requirement: confidence.  Then, one day, after reading what I consider to be a life changing novel, I couldn’t ignore the characters in my head any longer and I decided to start writing down their stories, grammatical errors and all.   I realized that I don’t need to be a perfect writer and yes, I have days when I cringe thinking about how my mother might read a “love scene” in a novel of mine, but I try not to care, because I enjoy it so much.

What else can I tell you about myself?  I have a beautiful daughter, Olivia, who is my absolute reason for living.  I have a day job that has nothing whatsoever to do with writing, but I love it anyway.  I have awesome friends who make me laugh and who accept me with all my quirks:  Carmen, Ruby, Rebecca, Abby and Jill (Jail!).  I have a very big family and can’t imagine what my life would be like without them.  I love to travel and watch comedy movies—not necessarily at the same time, though that could work. 

Well, that’s enough for now, but I will try to update this page every so often so that it doesn’t get too stale. 


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment